Joint AGC-SPF Media Release - 84 Months' And 4 Weeks' Of Jail For Recalcitrant Money Mule
On 2 August 2021, Rohaiza Binte Alap (“Rohaiza”) was sentenced to a global imprisonment term of 84 months’ and 4 weeks’ of jail. She was convicted of the following charges earlier on 1 July 2021 in the State Courts:
- three charges for providing her bank accounts to receive criminal proceeds under Section 44(1) of the Corruption, Drug Trafficking and Other Serious Crimes Act (“CDSA”);
- eight charges for conspiring with others to receive criminal proceeds through their bank accounts under Section 44(1) of CDSA read with Section 109 of the Penal Code (“PC”);
- two charges for moving cash exceeding the prescribed amount out of Singapore without giving a report of the movement under Section 48C of CDSA;
- one charge for disclosing prejudicial information to someone under Section 48 of CDSA; and
- one charge for intentionally aiding someone to possess monies reasonably suspected of being stolen or fraudulently obtained under Section 35(1) of the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act read with Section 109 of the PC.
Click here to read more.
Last updated / reviewed on 2 Aug 2021