Legal Profession and Professionals
AGC also undertakes the following functions under the Legal Profession Act in respect of the Singapore legal profession, in matters such as:
- admissions of advocates and solicitors to the Singapore Bar;
- applications for ad hoc admission of Queen’s Counsel;
- applications to reinstate an advocate and solicitor who was previously struck off the rolls to the Singapore Bar;
- applications to employ or remunerate a solicitors’ clerk in a Singapore law practice; and
- applications for a practising certificate to practise in a Singapore law practice.